Saturday 1 September 2018

Your existence is not knowledge you’ve discovered by deduction or any other method of reasoning. Rather it is a state of affairs you keep observing.

Reddit had some funny questions two people should ask each other before getting married. I'm not getting married, but theoretically speaking...



How many kids do you want? 0, so many of the following answers are purely theoretical.

What values do you want to install in your children? Kindness, thoughtfulness, rationality, fairness, forgiveness, patience, honesty, stability, nature, health, sense of hope and direction.

How do you want to discipline your kids? I haven't though about it since I don't want to have any kids. Probably would have to figure out something that would make them understand clearly why they're being disciplined and something that is fair and proportionate.

What would you do if one of your children said he was homosexual? Nothing, I'm fine with homosexuality even if I'm heterosexual myself.

What if our children didn't want to go to college? That's up to them, but I suppose I might consider having failed as a father a bit. Depends on the specifics. Difficult to say.

How much say do children have in a family? Some.

How comfortable are you around children? Not at all.

Would you be opposed to having our parents watch the children so we can spend time alone together? Sounds nice, theoretically speaking that is.

Would you put your children in private or public school? Public, unless there was some strong reason not to.

What are your thoughts on homeschooling? I think there are benefits to both, but I think I would be in favor of the regular.

Would you be willing to adopt if we couldn't have kids? Theoretically yes, but if I wanted kids I think I'd still want my own kids primarily. I guess half of the "fun" would be to see how crazy they ended up being. Also there would be the research aspect and the project aspect.

Would you be willing to seek medical treatment if we couldn't have kids naturally? Certainly. If I wanted kids that it. Otherwise medical reasons for not being able to have kids might even be ideal to simplify sex life.

Do you believe it's okay to discipline your child in public? Preferably not, but if the circumstance demands it then I suppose.

How do you feel about paying for your kid's college education? Should the government not pay for it, I would probably think of it as our responsibility together. If my wife could't afford to pay for it I would probably attempt to pay for it myself.

How far apart do you want kids? If I wanted kids, I have no clue. Besides, I think one would be plenty.

Would you want someone to stay home with the kids or use daycare? I have no clue.

How would you feel if our kids wanted to join the military rather than go to college? Difficult to say. I'm not fundamentally opposed.

How involved do you want grandparents to be in our parenting? It might be nice to have them fairly involved. Difficult to say what I would think about such in reality.

How will we handle parental decisions? I have no idea.
----
Would you be willing to go to marriage counseling if we were having marital problems? Yes. Especially if it's financially reasonable.

If there is a disagreement between me and your family, whose side do you choose? Whomever I believe is right.

How do you handle disagreements? By prioritizing and negotiating.

Would you ever consider divorce? Yes. I intend to live forever and can't really see myself spending all of eternity with a single person anyway. Maybe 100 years if everything goes well, but not eternity and certainly not under every conceivable circumstance.

Would you rather discuss issues as they arise or wait until you have a few problems? As they arise, though I admit that I might look for comfort and ignore some things for a while.

How would you communicate you aren't satisfied sexually? Verbally if there is something to be gained.

What is the best way to handle disagreements in a marriage? By prioritizing and negotiating.

How can I be better about communicating with you? I don't know.
----
What are your views on infidelity? Should under no circumstance happen. Immediate grounds for termination.

What are your religious views on marriage? I have no religion. Marriage is irrelevant, but can be done for traditions/entertainments sake.

What's more important, work or family? Depends. I suppose family would be, but all in moderation.

What are your political views? No stupid bullshit. Mind your own business. The society is supposed to maintain infrastructure and act as an insurance against unpredictable and out of control events that affect individual life in undue way. Sustainable ecosystem is a top priority.

What are your views on birth control? An important thing that should without exception be trustworthy.

Would you rather be rich and miserable or poor and happy? I suppose most people would choose happy, but given it might be impossible for me to be happy and poor then perhaps something in between those two extremes. Neither miserable nor poor. Even if that leads to a situation where I feel nothing, that might end up being the best alternative. Preferably of course best of both worlds.

Who will make the biggest decisions of the household? We do.

What would you do if someone said something bad about me? Other than verbally defend you should you deserve it, nothing.

Would you follow the advice of your family before your spouse? Which even was more rational in a given situation.

What do you believe the role of a wife is? I don't believe in roles. The goal is happiness.

Who should do household chores? Whoever finds them necessary.

What do you believe the role of a husband is? I don't believe in roles. If we're happy, it's all good.
----
How do you feel about debt? I don't want any, but I suppose it's mandatory if one wants to buy a house. That's pretty much the only situation I'm willing to consider it.

Would you share all money with your spouse or split the money into different accounts? Split.

What are your views on saving money? There must always be savings that are enough to sustain current lifestyle for at least a year. Preferably there is a long term plan that will make us financially independent.

What are your views on spending money? A complex one, but quite rational.

What if we both want something but can't afford both? If it's not something we can't share there is no problem because we have separate accounts.

How well do you budget? Extremely.

Do you feel it is important to save for retirement? In some respects yes.

Would you be willing to get a second job if we had financial problems? Potentially.

Do you have any debt? No.

What if a family member wants to borrow a large sum of money? Generally speaking I'm not borrowing anyone any money unless I have significant excess.

Who will take care of the financial matters of the household? Both do their part.
----
What would you do if we fell out of love? Probably feel quite sad.

What are your career aspirations? Scientific research and financial independence as soon as possible after which I plan to spend my time doing financially independent research and in general stuff that interests me.

What would you like to be doing five or ten years from now? Travel the world and do independent research.

What do you think is the best way to keep the love alive in a marriage? I don't really know. I guess we'll just have to find out.

How do you think life will change if we got married? Hopefully in no particular manner.

What is the best thing about marriage? The cake and maybe the organ music.

What is the worst thing about marriage? The guests and the costs.

What is your idea of the best weekend? Climbing a mountain.

How important are wedding anniversaries to you? Not at all.

How would you like to spend special days? Doing something fun.

What kind of grandparent do you want to be someday? I don't, but if I did then I suppose the kind of person I could rely on and respect.

What type of house do you want to live in? Big, luxorious, at seashore, large private lot, nice view, no neighbours, surrounded by nature. Not too far from a big city.

What is your biggest fear about marriage? Change.

What excites you about getting married? Nothing in particular.

What do wedding rings mean to you? Nothing in particular.

Are you afraid to talk to me about anything? No.

What do you think would improve our relationship? I don't know.

What would be one thing you would change about our relationship? Hopefully nothing.

Do you have any doubts about the future of our relationship? Yes.

Do you believe love can pull you through anything? No.

Is there anything you don't trust about me? Probably plenty, but hopefully nothing critical. I don't trust anyone fully, including myself.
----
Which would you choose - dishes or laundry? Laundry.

Do you like pets? Not really. I like animals sometimes, but I wouldn't want to take care them.

How many pets do you want? 0. Unless we live on a big ranch and have plenty of people to take care of them. Then it might not matter if there are some animals hanging around.

What do you want to do during retirement? I'm not planning on retiring ever or alternatively I'm planning on retiring as soon as possible and doing what I please for the rest of my life. Maybe sail around the world, visit the moon, climb Everest or something similar.

At what age would you like to retire? If not never then this age.

No comments:

Post a Comment